Scrubbing the pool - is it really necessary?

Jun 24, 2013
My pool has been up for over a month now, and I know it's recommended to scrub the entire surface once a week with a brush to curb algae growth. Problem is, I haven't really been doing that, and I haven't had a problem with algae either. The sides of my pool are squeaky clean, and show no algae slipperyness. Am I playing with fire by avoiding this task, or if you keep your pool balanced, this chore doesn't really need to happen?

Thanks,
--Michael

*Please note this is my opinion and not supported by any documentation* I think regular brushing is a bigger issue with plaster pools due to the surface texture which provides tiny nooks and crannies for algae to begin if you let your FC drop below recommended levels. As long as your vinyl pool has good circulation, no wrinkles, and the FC stays in range you can probably get away with only brushing every once in a while.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.