Marillion Fan

LifeTime Supporter
May 26, 2007
About a 1/2 hour from P.S.U.
I have everything in line as far as numbers, testing just done and had 1 fc low but normal for overnight loss 0 cc 7.5 ph 90 ta and 40 cya.
when I add bleach the water turns green, if I let all the chlorine go out the water clears up but adding the 2 quarts to bring the fc up to the 4 tints the water, water pulled from fresh water stream in my front yard so there shouldn't be any metals in it to be an issue.......... any ideas

I agree, that sounds like metals. However are you saying your FC level is 1 ppm? If so, get it up to at least 3 ppm or your clear tint could change into a cloudy algae mess.

How long have you had the tint?

One thing you could try before adding a metal sequestrant is to drop your ph down to 7.2 or so and see if the tint disappears.

Not meaning to pile on, but it really sounds like metals. I also suggest lowering the pH, then you should go ahead and use a sequestrant. Maybe it will be a one-time application, who knows.

You can do a lot of sleuthing to determine the culprit, but in the interim, you need to have chlorine in your pool :)

Isaac-1 said:
This sounds like metals even if the water came from a stream, what feeds the stream? Have you had a history of adding algaecide that contains copper?

Ike
A Reservoir that supplies water to the town is what feeds the stream, used it every year and never had this issue, never used any algaecides only the BBB

linen said:
I agree, that sounds like metals. However are you saying your FC level is 1 ppm? If so, get it up to at least 3 ppm or your clear tint could change into a cloudy algae mess.

How long have you had the tint?

One thing you could try before adding a metal sequestrant is to drop your ph down to 7.2 or so and see if the tint disappears.
Just this season just opened before the 4th never had issue before
Just got ph up to 7.5 from the 7.2 thought that might have been it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.