Please help me. Second year here

Hello everyone,

Since June I can not get my pool clear. I have followed everything that we did last year on my post I had on here. I have been in the shock process hitting it hard and when I have a sample of the water all I can smell is the liquid chlorine. My FC was 13.5 last night and this morning it was 9. Last night my ph was fine and my cya was in the right range My pool isn't green anymore but you can only see one foot down into the pool. Also I have to change my signature. Unfortunately my swg broke and because of my illness I wasn't able to winterized our brand new sand filter and I kept bugging my husband to do it and he never did and now it's broke hasn't worked at all this year so we are back to the original filtration it came with which is the intex cartridge filter. Does anyone have any ideas for me. I have had patience for a month now. Thank you. Last year a lot of you were great help on this.

Continue the SLAM process (note the name change ;) ). One thought would be to try a Unicel or Filbur cartridge instead of the intex ones ... that may help clear the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think you can also rubberband a cotton sock or maybe a nylon (i did sock, so i know that works) on the return into the pool to catch some of the stuff that gets through the filter. However, i'd be tempted to drain and start over assuming you have easy clean fill water. Manually dosing with a fresh fill is not too bad, althougjh i've never done swg, so i can't compare to that.

crek31 said:
I think you can also rubberband a cotton sock or maybe a nylon (i did sock, so i know that works) on the return into the pool to catch some of the stuff that gets through the filter. However, i'd be tempted to drain and start over assuming you have easy clean fill water. Manually dosing with a fresh fill is not too bad, althougjh i've never done swg, so i can't compare to that.

We have to pay for water used. Really can't afford to do that again this year. Tomorrow we will try the sock thing on the return to see if that helps

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.