How much muriatic acid to add??

MikeInTN

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Hello all,

My PH is starting to creep up (7.6), so I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to add some acid here shortly. Is there a chart or formula to determine how much acid to add to drop the PH a certain amount??

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

MikeInTN said:
Hello all,

My PH is starting to creep up (7.6), so I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to add some acid here shortly. Is there a chart or formula to determine how much acid to add to drop the PH a certain amount??

Mike

Mike, download bleachcalc and put it on your desktop...it'll do many calcs for you, including pH.

MikeInTN said:
Hello all,

Mike

Yes bleachcalc is your friend. 1oz of 31% muriatic acid per 1250 gallons to lower pH by .2. Not sure how many gallons your pool is but that should give you an idea.

Ahhh, nothing like some self-inflicted stupidity to humble oneself - I had already downloaded the bleachcalc program, but didn't fully investigate the other calculations this program provides.

Thanks to those that replied!

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.