Light housing screw wont budge

900rr

Jul 17, 2013
Hi everyone,
My fiancee and I just moved in our first house a couple weeks ago. Finally we own a pool!! Unfortunately, light bulb died a day after, and changing procedure should be pretty straight forward but I am experiencing big problem at the very first step. There is only one screw that holding entire housing and for some reason it I can unscrew it. Head of the screw got damaged a bit and I decided to leave it alone until get better idea what could be done. Light is Starite (sunlite) http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/SunLiteOM.pdf

I am wondering if anyone expirienced similar issue or if knows what could be done.

Thank you in advance! :goodjob:

Welcome aboard! You will get lots of helpful suggestions from the forum members. I had a similar issue and ending up using an "easy out" on a power drill to remove the screw. I didn't have access to tools that would work under water, so I drained the pool down to just below the level of the screw (and used battery powered tools). If you get stuck using this approach, be sure rig up something to catch the metal shaving from the screw so they don't end up in the pool. If you are not in a hurry to get the light fixed, you might want to defer this until you need to partially drain the pool for another reason (like too much CYA).
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.