AG Liner Stains.. are they harmful?

May 26, 2008
Tennessee
After quite a battle this year.. me against, farm pond green, nasty water (my fault).. I have clear water but light brown (tan) stains on the liner (24 ft AG pool). I read TPF's "directions to use Ascorbic acid to rid your pool of metal stains"...

2 questions..
How soon is it safe to get in the water after treating for stains..
and If we choose to just live with the stains.. are they harmful to swimmers.. and will they get worse?

actually I haven't determined organic or metal... But I will. I am not overly concerned.. they don't really bother me and aren't that un-pretty. In the determination test.. I use a vitamin C tablet.. Where do you get those?.. Just a regular tab like they sell in the vitamin dept at WALMART, etc? Or is it some kind of a big tablet for rubbing?

From other descriptions (found on this message board).. I am kinda leaning towards metal. Although I have never had any metal problems before.. never in 6 or 7 years. I first thought organic.. but the high CL levels I had been running seem to have no affect.

thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.