Anyone connected a Liquidator into an EcoStar pump drain?

lrk2

Apr 29, 2013
First off, let me say this forum is great, and this is my first post :-D

I ordered my Liquidator, so it is on its way. I've been reading lots of posts and like the idea of connecting the LQ outlet to my pump drain and not drilling another hole in my plumbing. My issue is that I have a Hayward EcoStar pump and it seems to have two drain plugs - neither of which run directly to the basket. I have no idea why it has two. There is no documentation about them on the Hayward website.

Has anyone hooked their LQ up to a Hayward EcoStar via its drain? If so, which drain did you use?

Thanks everyone in advance! - Larry

Re: Anyone connected a Liquidator into an EcoStar pump drain

lrk2 said:
So, when you say "front", you mean the one closer to the basket?
Yes. Bama is correct. I have mine hooked up to the closest drain hole to the basket of my Jandy pump. Using a quick disconnect connection from Home Depot or Lowes makes the installation real easy and real clean.

David
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

bibeaud said:
Yes. That is the correct part. There is also a right angle version too.

David
Also. If you have a heater, connect a second plug to the heater drain port which will bring the water into the LQ and the filter drain port will take the higher chlorinated water out of the LQ. No drilling needed.

David

bibeaud said:
Also. If you have a heater, connect a second plug to the heater drain port which will bring the water into the LQ and the filter drain port will take the higher chlorinated water out of the LQ. No drilling needed.

David

No, I don't have a heater...does the second drain plug on the EcoStar connect to the outflow side of the pump? If so, could I connect the line to the LQ inflow to that and bypass the filter entirely?

- Larry

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

lrk2 said:
bibeaud said:

David

No, I don't have a heater...does the second drain plug on the EcoStar connect to the outflow side of the pump? If so, could I connect the line to the LQ inflow to that and bypass the filter entirely?

- Larry
OK, I just loosened the other drain plug while the pump was running and water started squirting out...so it looks like it is on the output side of the pump. So, I think it should work. What is the downside that I'm missing? I don't really see why the water should flow through the filter before coming into the LQ. Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks, Larry

The purpose of having the LQ inlet hooked after the filter is so that it gets filled with clean water so if debris went through the pump it would get caught by the filter and not clog the LQ hose or float valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.