green rim on pool step and liner

May 8, 2013
Hi everyone,
We are having a very hot start to summer in Ontario and I now have a green rim around the pool.
Any ideas on what it is an how I can remove it and or treat the water?

Thanks,

T

Bleach, brush, and elbow grease. Your SWG won't be able to generate enough FC to get ahead of the demand once an algae bloom starts. You'll be needing bleach. Here's the article on how to SLAM it. You will have trouble getting your hands on a proper test kit in Canada. Apollo Piscines has the monopoly up there.

trevsand said:
what bleach should I be using? Regular clothing bleach?
Yes, plain, unscented household bleach. Check the % on the label. You can also use liquid chlorine (same as bleach, just higher %/stronger) usually found at pool stores, big box stores, etc.

Have you found the PoolCalculator.com yet?

You can use your SWG to help maintain shock level if you want, but be sure to turn it off when doing the OCLT.

Also, we recommend that you do not run your SWG at superchlorinate mode as it will shorten the life of the cell (and the SWG is not capable of reaching shock levels).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.