AquaPure 1400 issues

tafox

Jul 16, 2013
Hi,
I have a AquaPure 1400, I was receiving the 172/186 error codes, I needed to clean the filter so this past Friday I cleaned the filter, cleaned the salt cell (which had very little build up) scrubbed the 3 sensor electrodes until shiny. I put it all back together and everything looked good. No error codes. A couple of days go by and now I get the code again. The salt cell is almost exactly 2 years old and the sensor is about the same. How do I know if its the flow sensor or salt cell? How can you test a salt cell?
Thank You! T

Error codes 172/186 are sensor code problems. Try unplugging the sensor from the board and make sure you plug it back in firmly. It might be time for a new sensor, but I would try calling Jandy and see if they can help you troubleshoot it over the phone if unplugging the sensor does not help.

Similarly, I have a APUREM unit (9 months old) & PLC1400 (three port, about 14 months old). I'm getting the familiar 172 & 186 codes now as well. My OneTouch display has "General Fault" and a crazy salt reading over 12,000 for the APURE. I'm certain my salt is at approx 3,100. Cell is clear, no scale. and the sensors seem to be visually OK. Pool is obsessively balanced.
So I'm thinking yet another tri sensor.
Better still would be a way to bypass the sensor and let the unit function. Any ideas?
I have unplugged/replugged the sensor.
Hate to buy another sensor that will probably last a year at max. I am familiar with the equipment.
Thanks for any help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.