Anchors

Sandy31

Jul 16, 2013
Got some stuck pool anchor screws. Tried to clean them no go. Used some silicon spray no go. Bought a set of extractors but all they did was mill the screw into tin shavings till the head broke off. Got about 10 still in the up position and won't budge. Even tried a grip plier to turn them and still won't budge. Thank you for any help you guys can give me.

Sandy31 said:
Got some stuck pool anchor screws. Tried to clean them no go. Used some silicon spray no go. Bought a set of extractors but all they did was mill the screw into tin shavings till the head broke off. Got about 10 still in the up position and won't budge. Even tried a grip plier to turn them and still won't budge. Thank you for any help you guys can give me.

can you screw them all the way out? Mine have either a regular "flat head"screw drive slot and /or a "hex" head. I use a impact driver with the hex head. I take them all the way out, blow out the hole and use wd-40 or liquid wrench then put them back in.

I have the brass safety cover anchors pictured in my mind. Is that correct?
PB Blaster is my go to for seized up bolts. I've even heard of it being used on stuck tuba tuning slides.
Alternately, you might try lightly heating up the anchors with a small propane torch (taking the necessary precautions of a safe work area and protecting any surrounding materials i.e. pool deck) to help break them loose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.