Pump and heater fan all in one week

tpm

Sep 6, 2008
NY
Hello all
I just had to order a new Hayward pump (SP2610X15). Had the old one rebuilt 2 years ago and it went again. I believe the problem was a constant drip from the multiport which I determined to be cracked (from day 1) Replaced the multiport apparently too late before it caused damage to the rebuilt pump motor. Luckily I have my pump coming today from Amazon overnight shipping. I have a salt system

Additionally My Aquacomfort Heat pump (AC-1500) is making a lot of squeal which I think is coming from the fan motor. I have read where I might be able to oil it is that true? and if so how do I go about removing it from the heater unit. I'm hoping this may buy me some time. Was installed July 2008

Thanks all

You could that the blower motor to the same shop that rebuild the pump motor. It could as simple as a bearing.

It may have an oil port on the top of the motor that you can fill using a "zoom spout" This is a long flexible straw attached to a bottle of thin oil. Many better hardware store and every motor shop will know what it is.

Here is a link to one at HomeDepot.

This is the oil cover on a AC fan motor, they can be plastic or metal. Some have OIL stamped near them, Heater motors are not much different and can frequently be treated the same.
wpacfanmotor.jpg

zoomspoutoiler.jpg

I have a quick question for you guys and gals. I just replaced my pump and I put Teflon tape on the top fitting that goes into the pump (Hayward Part # SP1486). still has a little drip. Question I have is can I put too much tape on the threads and risk cracking the housing or fitting?. I tried 2 times already :(

I have heard that for larger fittings (like this 1.5 inch threaded fitting) that a sealant is preferred to Teflon tape. They have PVC sealant that you brush onto the fitting as opposed to the tape. I have head that the tape can actually create pathway for the water to leak.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.