Intex 8110 SWG daily timer stopped working

Jul 11, 2007
My 8110 has been working perfectly on our 18' metal frame for 6 years now. Three hours per day keeps the pool perfectly chlorinated. This season is the first time I've had a problem with the trusty old 8110. The daily internal timer is not fully functioning. Each day at the appropriate time the unit powers up to start-up code 88. But then the timer doesn't start. It just sits there at 88. I have to manually enter the time and it works fine for that session. But the next day, same time, same thing.

I've read plenty of other posts about various problems folks have had. Just wondering if anyone has had this particular problem.

I have the pool pump on an outdoor digital timer. I will likely mod the 8110 to bypass the internal control and run both the pump and 8110 from the external timer.

This pool and SWG has been quite a value. I never expected either of them to last 6 years and counting. Only issues have been the recent timer problem, rusting metal frame from the salt water, and my dog eating the external skimmer box that I installed a few years ago. Apparently a squirrel tried hiding in it during the winter :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.