Just installed thru wall skimmer on our intex ?

Jul 6, 2010
laconia, NH
Ok finally got a thru wall skimmer installed and I have a question.

Should I also install the new return that came with it? Would it help move the water better?

I was messing around and put the new return on the return that's in the pool now and it seemed to add a little more pressure to the water coming back in the pool. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Not sure what skimmer I got, I will check the box later.

If your considering hard plumbing then for sure put the "real" return on it and enjoy the extra flow. You will then be able to chose any type of return noozle you would like or rig up a fountain setup that you could screw into that standard fitting when needed.

It's not that the Intex return is bad, it's that the standard Hayward return gives you so many more options.

Bob E.

I was going to hard plumb but after watching the pool move from side to side as my kids play I'm worried the PVC pipe will eventually get snapped.

I'm thinking hard plumb upto a certain point the use hose and clamps to give it some moving room.

Also I put I was so into getting the butterfly gasket trimmed that I didn't realize I had installed the skimmer a few feet from the return.
Is that going to be a potential problem in the future?
I might just cap off that return and put the new return further from the skimmer. I will be putting up pics as soon as I can get to my laptop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.