Auto pilot purifying output?

Dec 5, 2007
NW Georgia
The last 3 afternoons my water temp has been 92 degrees which is a little warm for me but thats another post. My question is concerning the % output for the Auto pilot. In the manual it says that the Auto pilot will automaticly adjust the out put based on the temperture, Low % out put for colder temps and Higher % out put for warmer temps. When checking the read out the last 3 afternoons the % out put has been at 0%. Each time I raise it back up to 50%. Is this normal or is this a sign that something is wrong with the cell? Cell voltage/amps has been running at 19/5. Also I have went from 6ppm FC to 2.5ppm FC. My Auto pilot was installed and started up in Apirl 08 and runs 24/7. My last set of numbers are as follows:
Time 7:40pm
Date 6-8-08
FC 2.5
CC 0
TC 2.5
pH 7.5
T/A 90
CH 70
CYA 40
Temp 92
Salt 3440

The power went out 2 weeks ago but everything came back on and was working normally until 3 days a go. I will go back out and press select to see if that helps. I just looked at the read out and it is still where I set it. Any ideas what might be wrong and what I might do to correct it?

Hopefully Poolsean can chime in, he knows much more about this than I do. My two guesses are that you either forgot to press select, and so never actually entered the new percentage, or the unit is malfunctioning.

Simearl,

sorry - disregard previous post... edited and deleted.

The output should not go to 0%, ever, unless you manually adjust it down to 0%. The temperature compensation feature, when it falls to 55 or below, will decrease the output to 1%, never to 0%.

You're dealing with different issues. Your chlorine level dropping from 6 ppm down to 2.5 ppm may have to do with your cya level being 40 ppm. Increase it to 80 ppm and you will see an improvement. However, if the unit is automatically dropping the output to 0% for no reason, that will also reduce the amount of chlorine production.

A few questions.
1) What is your Pool Pilot programmed to?
--> Press PUMP and let me know what the display shows. Either External Timer, HIGH/LOW, PUMP ON/OFF, or REMOTE RUNS PUMP.
2) How is your Pool Pilot powered up?
--> Should be wired to the load side of a time clock or relay, unless wired directly to the same circuit breaker that the pump is.
3) Any possibility of a lighthing strike?

Poolsean, I have been trying to get the CYA up to 80 since opening the pool in April. I used the Pool calculator and added what it said on 2 different occations. I had it up to 50, checked it a week later and got 40. The black dot disappears so I'm positive that I'm doing the test correctly. I have all the test result from the time I started the pool up back in April and all are in the exceptible range until the last 2 weeks. Thats when I noticed the output at 0%.

I have a 2 speed pump that is wired up to run on High or low 24/7. When you press the pump button it either says high or low depending on what the pump is set on.

I do not have a external timer, my pump is wire into the Auto pilot. I do have a external power disconnect box. I powered the unit down last night for 20 min. Powered back up and set the unit to Power 1 @ 50%. I'll check it and the FC level this afternoon and let you know what I get.

Just got home from work @ 6:53pm checked the Auto pilot % out put and its at 0% again. So something has to be wrong with the unit. Who do I contact and how do I need to proceed to get this problem corrected?

Just checked my numbers
FC 2.0
CC 0
TC 2.0
pH 7.7
T/A 90
CH 70
CYA 40
Temp 86
Salt 3440

I put the Autopilot on Superboots to get the FC up and will be adding some CYA to get to 80. But still having the problem of the Autopilot going to 0%.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.