Getting Massive Rainfall as I type

Jul 9, 2013
Del Rio, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well My pool looks like it has risen 4-6 inches and it's still pouring like cats and dogs. It looks like it will be raining pretty heavily for the next week too. I have never managed a pool through floods like this. What should I expect to fix it. I am assuming I just need to do the FC/PH and CC tests. Adjust FC and PH to proper levels and if I have CC I should SLAM, Is that right?

Oh yeah the run off from the roof valley was like a waterfall. I couldn't tell if I was getting run off in the pool. But it almost came inside the house, the patio was flooded and it reached about 18 inches from the back door. The flagstone patio slopes away from the house and away from the pool into a little drain strip.

Aye I'm shooting for 8 FC instead of 6. I want to be at the top of the scale rather then in the middle. It wasn't to hard to maintain but I guess that's attributable to the simplicity of BBB. Although I tried to adjust my ph to 7.5 and I overshot now I'm at 7.2.

Sounds like my house yesterday, pool increased in depth by 5" in about 30mins. Its drained alittle from the overflow by this morning, but that was a lot of water.

Last night FC dropped little more than normal could be the increase in water, sunlight, and whatever falls in our Arizona Monsoons. Ph stayed the same for me too. All I did last night after it all settled was cleaned out the leaves, dirt, and bumped FC back up. Pool looked pristine this morning, like nothing happened except it being full to the brim.

Where I live in PA we have had rain each day for weeks. Sometimes inches at a time. I am AGP this go round so I didn't have to worry about run-off, just overflow. Have released water more times than I can count. Only thing that went cattywhompus on me was the stabilizer. Have added it twice and if I could get the sun I need I might need to bump it again, haven't had the right day to test where I feel my results are as accurate as I like. I am keeping the bleach boosted just a hair ~ again because of the rain and we're getting some debris from the wind so I have also been vigilant about removing it.

Neighbor had their garden was out, could have water-skied on the golf course across the road and my veggie plants drowned ~ it's been a funky season that's for sure.

Test frequently to stay on top of things and good luck :)

Aye I'm glad it never got to the coping. Stayed to the top of the tile line then held. We've been get daily showers though nothing like the first night. The heat had been 100+ each day so I've had quite a bit of evaporation too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.