Got my TF-100 and the results are in!

Jun 30, 2013
Let me start by saying that I started with a green swamp because we did not have a cover on over the winter. After spending way to much being pool stored, I started surfing the internet until I found this site. I read and read and while waiting for my test kit, I used the information found here to clear my pool. Here are my results from today's noon test.

FC 2.5
CC .5
TA 80
CH 200
CYA 50 (slowing bringing it up to 70)

Salt 3100
Temp: 87

I am doing the overnight test tonight to make sure I pass.

Also, I just can't seem to get it crystal clear. I can see the bottom clearly but it's still a little cloudy or hazy looking. Do my numbers have anything to do with it not being clear?

Thanks....Sherry

You should put some pool specs in your signature: gallons, filter type, and chlorine type. I'm assuming since you tested salt you have an SWG? You should have an FC above 3 at all times. My guess is you probably still have a little something alive in your water since you have a slightly low FC and a trace of CC. If you do not pass the OCLT then SLAM your pool with liquid chlorine (not the superchlorinate feature on your SWG) until you pass it. After passing the OCLT and keeping your FC between 3-5 it's just a matter of time for your filter to get everything out. You also did not post your pH, make sure to adjust that before starting SLAM.

Since you were not able to measure FC levels at your SLAM level ( 16 ppm FC for your 50 ppm cya per poolcalculator.com), you still have algae in your pool. Get your FC up to 16 ppm and keep it there until you pass all three criteria in the SLAM process. See: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/shocking_your_pool You should get it up to your SLAM level before doing the OCLT.

Did you measure ph?

Do not raise you cya anymore until you finish the SLAM process.

Hopefully, I have updated my signature and my pH is 7.4.

I just tested the CL and it's 4.5. I did run the SWG for 7 hours today and it's in the high 90s today.

If my CL level is still 4.5 or one less, do I still continue the slam process because of the CC being .5?

Thanks again.

Yes, you do the SLAM process until you pass all three "end of SLAM process" criteria (they are also in my sig). Also, we recommend doing the [s:1p6q2bc0]shock[/s:1p6q2bc0] SLAM process with the swg off and just using bleach/liquid chlorine to chlorinate.

You can have algae with no measurable CC.

I will start the SLAM process tomorrow after my trip to Walmart.

I just started using the SWG two days ago. I have been using bleach and keeping my levels high but I did not have the test kit and had to rely on the pool stores testing scores which appear to be pretty accurate according to my numbers. They use some sort of electronic testing thing that sends the scores to the computer. weird..

Thanks again for your help!

Newlygurl said:
They use some sort of electronic testing thing that sends the scores to the computer.
Those things are great for a pool store. The employee doesn't have to know anything about anything, just put the water on the tester, run the program, and sell whatever the computer tells them to sell. It's like printing money.

Ok, I completed the OCLT and now have crystal clear water! Thanks so much!

Here are my new test results as of 9:30am:

FC 5.5
CC less than .5 (water barely had a pink tint)
pH 7.3
TA 100
CH 190
CYA 42
salt 3100

Should I raise me pH and CYA slightly at this point?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had finished the SLAM process and was letting the high chlorine burn off from the 16 reading I kept it for two days. I did not run the SWG or add chlorine for 24 hours prior to the 5 cl reading. I have the SWG running since this morning. We were swimming late last night and I did not test it last night for the fist time.

Still trying to learn how to run my pool this year using these new methods.

Thanks for being so helpful! My husband is a believer now that I turned our pool around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.