CYA testing, frequency and cost

The tf-100 can do about 16 tests. I test my cya at the beginning of the season, one to two more times to check I have reached my target, then at most 2 more times during the season if I am worried.

I don't know about anyone else, but I only test my CYA if I've added more than 4" of water to my pool, or had to drain 3-4" from rain.

Since I have the K-2006, I don't know how many tests you can do with yours.

Duraleigh sells the reagent in an 8 oz size, better price than I've seen anywhere else.

In addition to testing, you can estimate your levels based on past readings and what you have added. Fresh water added to replace evaporated water won't change the level of CYA. Fresh water added to replace water lost to backwashing, leaks, splashout etc. will lower the CYA level.

Adding Cyanuric acid, trichlor tabs and/or dichlor powder will raise your CYA. The pool calculator will tell you how much the CYA is increased based on how much you add and your pool size.

If you do a lot of testing its avail in larger containers at a discounted price, but for normal use I would buy from our local forum supporter.

I bought mine at Amato:

1 x R-0013-E Taylor Cyanuric Solution (pint) #13 (309) = $6.86

Test CYA about once a month.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.