What is this stuff?

Jul 5, 2013
So, I discovered a tear in one DE grid that over several days created a layer of cloud-like dust. I replaced the entire grid set yesterday, brushed the pool into an opaque cloudy water, ran pump overnight, and backwashed this a.m. Tonight, I have much less of the stuff, but it's still heavy. The picture shows the top step brushed clean, but the other two are covered with the stuff. Is this a type of floating algae, or just leftovers from the leaking grid? My pH is a bit high, TC a bit low, but other chems reasonably within line. Also, my SWG is dead and I'm waiting for new equipment to arrive. Doing chlorine as best I can. You can see green algae on the rock top-most step is much better than 4 days ago. What is the recommendation for the dust on the bottom? Brush, brush, brush, filter, filter filter, backwash, backwash, backwash?

Attachments

• Pool steps (800x600).jpg
    Pool steps (800x600).jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 85
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.