A few questions on skimmers, lights, etc.

jlsl95

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 18, 2011
Grant Park, Illinois
We are getting ready to order skimmers, returns, main drain, and lights. I have a few questions about these items.

First of all, we were planning on doing 2 skimmer with 3 returns. Our pool will be 25x50 and a depth of 3.5-10ft. Do you think 2 skimmers are enough or should we go 3 with 4 returns?

Also, I've looked at skimmers and didn't realize I had choices. Our pool is built out of concrete block, but will have a vinyl liner. I should buy the vinyl liner skimmers right? I see that each type has a few different kinds. Are there really better skimmers and not so great skimmers? If so, what do you recommend?

I haven't look at jets yet, but are there brands or types that are better than others?

I'm lost on which lights to buy. I know we want led and color changing. I was thinking we would need 2. We will be placing them on the long wall, house side so they face away from the house. I didn't know if we should have 3 with our dimensions?

I appreciate any help!

I would suggest 3 skimmers and four returns. That's a big, big pool and you need a lot of even distribution of your pool water. I have 42k with two skimmers and 3 returns and sorta' wish I had done one more of each

Get gunite skimmers, I think. Have you decided how you are going to mount them to the pool? I built mine pretty much into the structure of the pool and I don't think vinyl liner skimmers are designed to do that....but I can't remember for sure.

I would definitely recommend three lights if going with color changing LED's. You could also skew them just slightly towards the deep end by maybe a foot. The deep end eats more light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.