Help! Recs for Purely Robotic Cleaner That You Leave in Pool

Jul 15, 2013
Hey guys!

I'm new to this site and I have been searching for a specific product.

I want to buy a Robotic Pool Cleaner. I went into my local pool supply store to look for one. The problem is, the salesman told me that I have to take the robot out after a few hours of cleaning. I want one that acts like the water pressure based cleaners like my old one that I can just leave in the pool and it cleans automatically, long term. Similarly, I want my new electrical one to do the same.

Any suggestions?

Re: Help! Recs for Purely Robotic Cleaner That You Leave in

Welcome to TFP!

I've never seen anything like that. All of the robotic cleaners I know of require you to remove them from the pool after each use.

It doesn't exist officially... I know it is not correct, but I don't remove my robot unless I need to empty the bag or if I swim.

I think the closest you are going to get is the new Dolphin/Maytronics cleaners. While it is not truly recommended that you always leave it in the pool, they do have a weekly timer setting, which allows you to set up your cleaning schedule for a week.

You can also put an Aquabot 4WD on an external timer. The manufacturer implies that it should be taken out after every cleaning. It clearly states you should not operate it with people in the pool.

I left my Platinum Legend in the pool 24/7 (not electrical), took it out to clean the bag about once a month. I do like my new Aquabot 4WD better, just put it in once a week for 3 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.