Vacuuming/Sand Filter

It likely is not bad for you pool, but will affect the water clarity. It may be that the stuff is bypassing the filter due to a bad spider gasket in the multiport valve...do you have a multiport valve? If you do, I would pull the valve and inspect the spider gasket and the sand for clumping.

I have no idea when the sand filter was last cleaned. I definitely do have a multiport valve. I am wondering if I should just wait until I close the pool down to look into these issues. Everything else seems to be working fine so I dont want to mess that up. But if this could create future issues then i'd like to get that taken care of. Any other thoughts regarding why this might happen or if it is bad for my pool?

Last edited:
Is your mupltiport connected to the plumbing with unions? If it is, then it is fairly easy to do, and I would do it now. If not...then I would probably wait, since it would involve redoing some of the plumbing. If you want, snap a picture and post it here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.