Hard plumbed my AGP

JohnN

Jun 24, 2012
Howell, NJ
So this is my 600th post, and I decided to make it something special. I will show you my hard plumbing on my pool. My dad gets all of the credit for this, because it was his idea and he did all of the work. Enjoy. One question for you, I think I may have a leak. Does a 1" water loss in 24 hours with a solar cover on all day sound normal to you?

Attachments

• DSCN0039.JPG
    DSCN0039.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN0040.JPG
    DSCN0040.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN0041.JPG
    DSCN0041.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 75
John, make sure and tell your dad (and you too) great job on the plumbing. Really nice and clean.

Water loss. Is that "hose" is see connected to the white valve used to add water to the pool without throwing a hose into the pool? If it is, that's probably your problem. There may be enough suction after turning the water off to suck the water back. I can't remember exactly what they call it, but I know if you leave a hose in big thing of water it can siphon it back out.

Bob E.

I'm going to have to do something about this leak, because, since adding ~2" of water over the past 2 days, the pool is starting to turn green (not algae, it's iron). I'm also probably going to be using A LOT of Borax to keep my pH in line. I'm trying to do the bucket test, but I am going to have to find a nice clean brick to hold the bucket down. It keeps floating away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.