Cloudy blue water

Jun 9, 2008
I have a 15X29 IG grecian pool ~15000 gallon with 1hp pump and 200# sand filter . I had metal stains so I added 2# Vitamin C and added 2 bottles of metal free when stains were gone and 12oz polyquat 60. As far as I can tell the stains are gone but the pool is so cloudy that I can not see the bottom of the shallow end. I had trouble keeping the chlorine level up but now it seems to maintain ~0.5 to 1 ppm. There seems to be powdering sediment on bottom of pool, and when I vacuum I see it coming out of my returns. This stuff is not being captured by my filter. My chemistry #'s are Cl ~ 0.5-1 ppm, ph~7.2, alk~90. I started treatment 4 days ago, with the filter/pump on 24/7. My question is what is the powdering sediment, and how do I remove it since my filter can not. Its hoovering around 90 degrees here in the north east and my family is disappointed that they can not use my pool. Any help would be appreciate.

Welcome to TFP!

It is common for the water to get a bit cloudy for several days after an ascorbic acid treatment and many people get algae as well. There really isn't anything you can do about it until you can add enough chlorine, which has to be done very slowly right after the treatment.

Sand filter is new, 200# added back in May. I just bought a product called sparkle up by biogurd to try to help with this product. This product is suppose to bind to the sand filter and make it filter much more smaller product. My pressure increase 10psig when this stuff was added. The pool guy said that was normal for this product, because he said it was doing its job. I guess time will tell. Still having trouble keeping up the chlorine, Should I added more polyquat 60.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.