Intex adapters to pvc

TCJ4

Jan 19, 2013
Aruba
I have seen here some people use the nuts from the plungervalve and some use the hose nut,just wondering which is easier to make?

Also i was thinking of cutting the whole coupling from the hose,and using the coupling with the nut as the adapter.

Just wondering if the intex coupling will fit in a 2"pvc so that i can glue them together?

Re: Intex adaperts to pvc

I want to know if i can use the coupling with hose nut that is on the strainer pot as the adapter and just cut the hose off and glue on a 2"pvc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 142
Re: Intex adaperts to pvc

the nuts from the plungers are two pieces, the nuts from the hoses are one piece.

either one works, the two piece ones are better in my opinion as you will not need to cut anything to remove them or if you need to remove them from your pvc later you dont need to cut your pipe.

where your hose hooks onto your skimmer. see if it will slide into your slip fitting or if it looks close.

you could cut just the lip off the hose that is connected to your skimmer since your already not using the nut and see if it will slide into a 2" slip fitting if you wanted to know for 100% sure without damaging anything beyond repair.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Without sounding like a jerk, why aren't you just using the standard 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 box adapter that has been the source of multiple threads (and successes) coverting from hose to PVC? I cut my hoses in half, and just had to be a bit careful holding the nut and adapter together with gluing that stuff into a 1 1/2 inch PVC fitting.....

I do agree that the 2 piece nuts are far more user friendly but much harder to find these days.

Bob E.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.