Question about A A procedure

jakesgrandmother

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 6, 2012
I started a AA this evening. My numbers are FC .5, CC .5 and TC 1, PH 7.2, T/A 120 and CYA 40. I have a 20,000 ABG pool. I first put polyquart 60 in and put 1.75 lbs of ascorbic acid in and circulated for 1/2hour. The stains were still there so I put in 1.75 lbs. And 1 hour later stains were gone and I put in 32 ounces ounces of Jack'sMagic the pink stuff. Do I put it back to filter or do I wait for 24hours before I put it back on filter. Also after I bring up the ph and alkalinity how do you bring up the chlorine. Do I test several times a day or do I just bring up to the min on the chart. I have never done this and don't want to mess up my pool.Thank you for your help

Now that the stains have lifted, leave the filter running 24/7 until things are back to normal.

You want to add chlorine slowly, only 1 or perhaps 2 ppm at a time. The first several times you do this it will all vanish almost instantly (but give it 30 minutes to mix in before retesting and adding more). Once you are able to measure an FC level of 1 or higher, don't raise the FC level by more than 1 ppm per day. That is to say, if on the first day you register an FC level of 1, on the second day you add enough chlorine to raise FC up to 2, and on the third raise FC up to 3, and so on until you reach your normal target level. That may well mean adding more than 1 ppm of chlorine per day, since the chlorine you added the day before will tend to get used up.

While all of this is happening, keep an eye out for any sign of stains returning, and lower the PH and add more sequestrant the moment you see any sign of that happening. That means having some extra sequestrant on hand just in case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.