intex swcg calcium or salt?

Again, unrelated to the buildup on the plates, but definitely unplug the copper bars...you do not need copper in your pool that could cause staining or blond hair turning green. Chlorine alone is enough to keep the pool sanitized.

why do I want to remove the copper bars? I say you posted this a while back;

Many companies fall into the trap of pushing the use of copper ions as an algaecide. Some of it stems from the misunderstanding in the industry of the role cya plays in maintaining proper FC levels. If proper FC levels are maintained (for a given cya level) then there is no other chemical needed to keep algae from growing. There is no advantage to leaving the bars on the intex connected if you follow the methods taught here at tfp.

You do not need to remove them...unplugging them is probably enough. Like I said in the quote you have from me above, it does nothing to help and eventually the level can build up enough to stain the pool.

Reinforcing what Linen said, If you lave the bars hooked up they keep adding copper to the water. Once you have enough to cause staining the only way to lower it is to replace the water. Also copper stains can be impossible to remove once they've set. And, as mentioned above, it's doing nothing for you so why keep adding it? :scratch:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.