My CC level is testing at 0.2 this morning. Do I need to bring my chlorine level to a shock level? What I've read you don't need to shock unless your CC gets to 0.5 or above. Using my Taylor 2006 kit, I added the 5 drops for to test for CC and it showed a little pink. appears to only be around 0.2. Do I need to raise the FC to a shock level or would just bringing it up to around 6-7 do the job? This happened last week and I shocked the pool and the CC level was gone. Was hoping this was normal after a weekend of swimming.