Hayward CL200 installation

Jul 5, 2013
Antioch, Il.
Hello, I'm new to the forum and fairly new as a pool owner.
My question is...I just purchased the CL200 chlorinator but am getting confused on the connections I need. Do I need to order the sp1500unpak1 or sp1500unpak2? The owners manual isn't too clear and mentions both options. Can someone break it down for me in laymans terms please?

Thanks in advance...
-Dan

That is usually not a good idea for pool maintenance. Those pucks will constantly add CYA and lower pH. The CYA will keep building up and increase the level of FC you need to maintain a clear pool. They can work if you have a sand filter that you backwash often and if you drain a lot of the water for winterization, but other than that you will eventually run into problems. Read about different types of chlorine, and you will see what I mean: pool-school/types_chlorine_pool

Sending the CL200 back. I guess I shouldn't have been so impulsive, and done more research upfront first. That being said, I'll be looking at the liquid methods, along with getting a better grasp on chemistry and maintenance.
Thanks for the replies!
-Dan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.