Fouling Fowl - Geese and Ducks Rule our Pool!

mary

Aug 13, 2007
We must be the only pool owners with a fowl problem, as I expected to find several suggestions for this problem on this site, and found none! Maybe none of our members have this problem because there is a common solution that only we are unaware of, and somebody can clue us in?

This morning, there must have been 30 geese and 10 ducks in and around our pool. After scattering them, my pool deck and pool bottom were littered with poo. This isn't the first time; they've been a problem all spring, and by now, our yard is practically unusable; covered in poo and swarming with flies. Only an obsessive watch over the pool has kept it from turning into a goose poo cess pool. Our neighborhood is a bird sanctuary, so can't shoot them (I'm just waiting for a neighbor to turn me in for using my son's air soft gun on them). Other than enclosing our pool, does anybody have any ideas?

String some fishing line back and forth over the yard. Just get the cheap stuff in about 30lb test. Makes them nervous that they are trapped since the have to worry about it when the fly in and out. Put it up over your head so you can still use the yard. If you have a fence, you can string it from fence to fence, but you'll have to watch where you walk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.