vaccum and skimmer intex kit

Jul 13, 2013
My Vaccum and skimmer Intex pool doesnt work... since a week I vaccum my pool and it just enter bugs and things like that.. but not the dust... last week the little bag was heavy with all the dust......Im desperate ;(....my pool its complite of dust ... I also realized that the skimer doesnt work neither

I have a rectangular intex pool.. sand filter.. today the skimmer worked.. very well.. and the vaccum dont.. I realized that the dust its not keeping in the little bag... I was reading maybe I need to buy a new one.. I have almost ten months with that one.. I went to some stores here in Mexico.. and its imposible to find a new one.. I guess I have to wait to go to the US... I improvised with a socks and works a little bit.

Welcome to TFP!

If you are trying to use the garden hose vacuum, I can tell you from experience it won't ever work very well. What model filter/pump do you have?

You might try to find a long enough pool hose and plug it into your skimmer connection and use that for vacuuming.

Charlie_R said:
Welcome to TFP!

If you are trying to use the garden hose vacuum, I can tell you from experience it won't ever work very well. What model filter/pump do you have?

You might try to find a long enough pool hose and plug it into your skimmer connection and use that for vacuuming.

+1

The garden hose venturi style vacuum is good for larger debris (leaves, twigs). It is not good for fine dust/silt/dead algee.

You could adapt your garden hose vacuum head to be used with your sand filter pump. you would need a long vacuum hose which you need to attach to where you would tie the bag. block off the part where the garden hose connected. You could then use it as a suction style vacuum and use your filter to vacuum your pool, it would do a much better job then with the bag and garden hose setup.

Modifying and using the vacuum head this way will filter the fine dust. Without the debris bag though the larger debris will get suck in your pre-filter basket and may require more frequent backwashes

thank u all.. I found a place here in Mexico where I can buy a debris bag not as the intex bag with the blue ring but Im gonna try.. I also bought a Pool Blaster Pool Blaster Max CG Pool Cleaner.. I hope to arrived soon and travel to the USA..

Attachments

• 10282_16.jpg
    10282_16.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Pool-Blaster-Pool-Blaster-Max-CG-Pool-Cleaner.jpg
    Pool-Blaster-Pool-Blaster-Max-CG-Pool-Cleaner.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 79
Unfortunately the "dust" will still go through the bag mesh. You need to vac it through your filter. The pool blaster will pick up everyting else though and works good.
All I did for mine was get a cheap pool vac hose, and a head for it (less than $30 total), then I went to Home Depot and bought a 4" PVC threaded PVC sewer pipe end cap. Drilled a hole the right size for the hose end to slip in. It threads onto the Intex inlet and allows me to use the vac through the filter. Does not have to be more than a half turn since the suction keep its in place anyways. Works great and cheap!

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 76
  • cap2.jpg
    cap2.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 76
Hello xanadu oh my God its a new language :( so u plug the hose with the pvc and then u leave the intex inlet ?? or u have to remove it??

so I will have to buy the pool vac hose.. and look in home depot 4" PVC threaded PVC sewer pipe end cap...

as I have a solar cover all the dust it is in my pool on the corners..

thanks.
:-D

The inlet on the pool, when you want to ues the vac, place the PVC adapter onto the inlet, then stick the hose into adapter (after you fill the hose with water otherwise you get an air lock in your pump).
All I do is place the hose and vac head into the pool and turn in circles under the water to get the air our of the hose. Then keeping the hose under water, plug it into the adapter you threaded on. You need to get the air our of the hose first!

I remove the adapter when I am done with the vac.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.