Hello TFPF - New User Needs Help

Hello,
I have been reading and lurking here for months and thought I had learned a lot but my water will not do what I want it to and I am frustrated and in need of help and suggestions.

TEST RESULTS
TEST RESULTS
TEST RESULTS

FC 1
CC .5
TC 1.5
PH 7.9
TA 130
CH 230
CYA 20
SALT 2930

My water looks a little cloudy and I can't get the CYA up using stabilizer or the TA down using muriatic acid. I realize my CH is too low due to the low level of CYA. I want to borate the pool for super clarity but I can't get my TA down. If you have some suggestion of where I'm going wrong wrong, I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions. Happy swimming and thanks for a GREAT website!

Welcome to TFP!

I'd suggest you concentrate on chlorine and CYA before you worry about borates. If your chlorine is right, your water will be dazzling. Get your CYA up to where your SWCG manufacturer recommends and add chlorine as needed to maintain a good level 24/7.

My water looks a little cloudy and I can't get the CYA up using stabilizer or the TA down using muriatic acid. I realize my CH is too low due to the low level of CYA. I want to borate the pool for super clarity but I can't get my TA down. If you have some suggestion of where I'm going wrong wrong, I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions.
Chlorine! Chlorine! Chlorine! Chlorine! You express concern about all your other parameters but are overlooking the primary reason your pool is cloudy.

CYA up, TA down, borates.....none of these will make your pool crystal clear when you have inadequate chlorine.

SLAM your pool.

When you any cloudy, it means you have something in your pool. I can see cloudy in my pool when the CC measures less than 0.5. I find it usually meant my FC slipped below the minimum for my CYA for a couple hours.