Pool filter for 18x33

G

Hi all,
I shopping for a new pool filter for the 18x33 it's ~54" deep or so.
~10k gal
I was looking at the pentaire 420 sq ft cartridge filter, would this be a good fit for my pool?
Let me know and thanks! :)

Your pool volume is 15700 gallons...so we would recommend a minimum 236 sq. ft. cartridge filter. However with cartridge filters you can go a big as you want it will reduce how often you have to clean it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
2 speed pumps are great. You can have one speed for say vacuuming it, and another speed for filtering the pool or running the skimmer. When it comes to pool equipment there is always a ******* contest between the manufacturers about whose is better. It basicially comes down to efficiency of the motor. On a motors name plate there will be a box that says "sf". That's the service factor or the motor. The higher number, the more efficient the motor is. If there is ANY way that you could run a 220 volt pump, I would do it, you will just have to have room in your electrical panel for your house, and you will most likely have to run hard plastic conduit with the wires inside of it over to your equipment. You are billed monthly on kilowatt hours and that has a relationship to how many amps your house and system draws. If for instance a 110 volt motor draws 10 amps, a 220 volt pump will draw 5 amps give or take a tiny bit. As voltage goes up amperage goes down almost by measurements of 1/2.

It will cost you more to wire a 220 volt system because of the conduit, wire, and adding a breaker to your panel, but in the long run it'll save you money on your monthly electric bill.

Main reason I want to upgrade is cause I am constantly cleaning the filter and also it's a 150 sq ft filter, just seems undersized cause I have to clean it every weekend.
That's a good idea about selling them and getting a 2 speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.