New #'s with TF 100

May 29, 2013
Since I'm still a novice with my pool and TF 100, I just want to share to see if I'm on the right track.

Just did a partial drain/refill 2 days ago (for high CYA) so I'm getting things back in order.

FC 1
TC 1.5
CH 280
pH 7.4
TA 90 (seems a bit low)
CYA 70 - 80

Temp 79 degrees

In doing the calculator, I will now add a gallon of bleach 10%. The rest seems ok (besides CYA), but it is much better.

Questions: my CYA is different today from yesterday due to lighting. Today I did full sunlight and got 80. Is full sun more accurate? Does it make a difference that the solution sat for about 5 min before going into test-tube because I was doing other tests?

I feel like a chemist. DH just shakes his head. Thanks! :lol:

Your FC level is way too low. With CYA at 70-80 you want FC between 6 and 11 and never below 6.

You should do the CYA test in bright sunlight with your body shielding the view tube from direct sunlight. Using artificial light will usually result in a higher than actual reading.

Having the CYA test sit for 5 minutes is fine as long as you shake it at the beginning, and again right before taking the reading. I wouldn't let it sit all that much longer than 5 minutes however.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.