oval pools

Apr 24, 2013
thanks to this site, i was able to hard plumb and add a thru the wall skimmer to our 15 ft. round intex pool. 2 weeks after doing all that, the pool decided to start popping holes, fixed 1 at the wall/floor seam ( about 4 inches inches) then 3 more popped up. water drained out for 2nd time, giving up on this pool (its about 4 yrs old,first time for holes) we are thinking next should be oval. i am looking for thoughts and comments of a good oval agp.
thanks
ps- current pool has sand filter, SWG, skimmer all hooked with 1-1/2" pvc pipe that i would want to reuse.

I know when I was looking into getting an AGP I considered an oval. Everybody including the sales person said if you have the room get a round pool. Also was told you get better circulation with a round. I know some people with ovals and if they had to do it over they would have went with a round.

So a round it was for me. I also think there is more "room" in a round pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

The oval shape is more difficult and expensive to manufacture (and remain oval when filled with water).

For the same cost, a round pool would be much bigger.

Also, for the same perimeter length, a round pool will hold more water than an oval.

But, an oval may fit better or look better in the available space.

Circulation depends on flow rate AND on inlet and outlet placement. In an elongated shape pool, water should be forced to move lengthwise by placing inlet and outlet at the opposite narrow sides.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.