Brittmer's Pool

The Mermaid Queen said:
quite nice! Is the shade cloth on the very top of the pergolas/pergolae/pergoli? (what the heck is the plural for pergola anyhow???)

No...This is before I added the screen. Apparently uploading this picture put me at my upload limit. When the site lets me, I will add the picture of the screen.

Very nicely done! Everything ties together perfectly.

I notice you have the white handrails. Have you had any issues at all with the powdercoat? Our PB gave us a free "upgrade" to the white because he ended up with an additional set from a previous build. We took the white but wondered if they hold up as well as the stainless. So far we've had no problems and love the appearance but that's only from 6 months of ownership.

Again, Beautiful pool.

Kevin

I like the whole thing, but I really like the dining area. Is the fireplace prefab or is it real brick all the way up? How do you like the flagstone and gravel area where you have the lounges? We have an area that is going to be inside the fence that is grass right now that we are considering something like that for with a firepit and a couple of stone benches.

TarheelPool said:
Very nicely done! Everything ties together perfectly.

I notice you have the white handrails. Have you had any issues at all with the powdercoat? Our PB gave us a free "upgrade" to the white because he ended up with an additional set from a previous build. We took the white but wondered if they hold up as well as the stainless. So far we've had no problems and love the appearance but that's only from 6 months of ownership.

Again, Beautiful pool.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin! The white handrails have held up very well for about 4 years now. They actually stay cooler than the stainless.

JohnT said:
I like the whole thing, but I really like the dining area. Is the fireplace prefab or is it real brick all the way up? How do you like the flagstone and gravel area where you have the lounges? We have an area that is going to be inside the fence that is grass right now that we are considering something like that for with a firepit and a couple of stone benches.

The fireplace and bar are both built from scratch using brick and I really like the way it turned out.
Originally I had the loungers just sitting in the gravel but that did not work very well so I got the flagstone to put them on. The only thing that I would change is to have the flagstone closer together but to do that I have to go get more and I just haven't done it yet. :roll:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
brittmer said:
The only thing that I would change is to have the flagstone closer together but to do that I have to go get more and I just haven't done it yet. :roll:

Since you are in freeze territory, did you do anything to prepare under the gravel or flagstone? How big of a gap are you wanting to go with between the flagstones? Looks like about 3" now.

I'll confess I didn't see much benefit to having pool pictures posted, but now I see it can be a big help for planning.

JohnT said:
brittmer said:
The only thing that I would change is to have the flagstone closer together but to do that I have to go get more and I just haven't done it yet. :roll:

Since you are in freeze territory, did you do anything to prepare under the gravel or flagstone? How big of a gap are you wanting to go with between the flagstones? Looks like about 3" now.

I'll confess I didn't see much benefit to having pool pictures posted, but now I see it can be a big help for planning.

No, nothing special under the flagstone. Just spread the rock on top of the ground to bring it up to the grade of the pool decking and then I moved some of the rock and put down the flagstone leveling it with additional rock underneath if needed. Pretty quick and painless. You could dig the area out, fill with sand and sreed the area flat and then put in the flagstone, but for this area it is easy enough to level back out if it would ever need it.
I want to make the gap about 1" so the legs of the lounge chairs don't end up between stones.

Very Very nice Brittmer... I love the bar/fireplace setup....

Please post some up close shots of the fabric you put on the top of your pergola if possible... I may do the same to mine.

If you can't post em, you could always email them to me if its not a big deal.

Also, your white handrails are they PVC coated or painted stainless?

Caustik said:
Very Very nice Brittmer... I love the bar/fireplace setup....

Please post some up close shots of the fabric you put on the top of your pergola if possible... I may do the same to mine.

If you can't post em, you could always email them to me if its not a big deal.

Also, your white handrails are they PVC coated or painted stainless?

The handrails are powder coated and I like them a lot. I thought that they may chip or wear badly but after 4 years they still look brand new!

Here is a picture of the screen from below.
81.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.