Thread: Brittmer's Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Brittmer's Pool

Here is a picture of our pool!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

THIS POOL IS READY TO ENTERTAIN!!!

3. Back To Top    #3
    quite nice! Is the shade cloth on the very top of the pergolas/pergolae/pergoli? (what the heck is the plural for pergola anyhow???)

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Just beautiful, and you have SUN too! Lucky duck.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

5. Back To Top    #5

It's so pretty and that entertainment area is fantastic!
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by The Mermaid Queen
    quite nice! Is the shade cloth on the very top of the pergolas/pergolae/pergoli? (what the heck is the plural for pergola anyhow???)
    No...This is before I added the screen. Apparently uploading this picture put me at my upload limit. When the site lets me, I will add the picture of the screen.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Very nicely done! Everything ties together perfectly.

I notice you have the white handrails. Have you had any issues at all with the powdercoat? Our PB gave us a free "upgrade" to the white because he ended up with an additional set from a previous build. We took the white but wondered if they hold up as well as the stainless. So far we've had no problems and love the appearance but that's only from 6 months of ownership.

Again, Beautiful pool.

Kevin
    Foxx 18 x 36 IG Vinyl
    TR60 Sand Filter, Pentair Whisperflow 1hp
    Blue Pearl robotic cleaner

Burlington, North Carolina

8. Back To Top    #8
    I like the whole thing, but I really like the dining area. Is the fireplace prefab or is it real brick all the way up? How do you like the flagstone and gravel area where you have the lounges? We have an area that is going to be inside the fence that is grass right now that we are considering something like that for with a firepit and a couple of stone benches.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by TarheelPool
    Very nicely done! Everything ties together perfectly.

I notice you have the white handrails. Have you had any issues at all with the powdercoat? Our PB gave us a free "upgrade" to the white because he ended up with an additional set from a previous build. We took the white but wondered if they hold up as well as the stainless. So far we've had no problems and love the appearance but that's only from 6 months of ownership.

Again, Beautiful pool.

Kevin
    Thanks Kevin! The white handrails have held up very well for about 4 years now. They actually stay cooler than the stainless.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    I like the whole thing, but I really like the dining area. Is the fireplace prefab or is it real brick all the way up? How do you like the flagstone and gravel area where you have the lounges? We have an area that is going to be inside the fence that is grass right now that we are considering something like that for with a firepit and a couple of stone benches.
    The fireplace and bar are both built from scratch using brick and I really like the way it turned out.
    Originally I had the loungers just sitting in the gravel but that did not work very well so I got the flagstone to put them on. The only thing that I would change is to have the flagstone closer together but to do that I have to go get more and I just haven't done it yet.

11. Back To Top    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by brittmer
    The only thing that I would change is to have the flagstone closer together but to do that I have to go get more and I just haven't done it yet.
    Since you are in freeze territory, did you do anything to prepare under the gravel or flagstone? How big of a gap are you wanting to go with between the flagstones? Looks like about 3" now.

I'll confess I didn't see much benefit to having pool pictures posted, but now I see it can be a big help for planning.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    Quote Originally Posted by brittmer
    The only thing that I would change is to have the flagstone closer together but to do that I have to go get more and I just haven't done it yet.
    Since you are in freeze territory, did you do anything to prepare under the gravel or flagstone? How big of a gap are you wanting to go with between the flagstones? Looks like about 3" now.

I'll confess I didn't see much benefit to having pool pictures posted, but now I see it can be a big help for planning.
    No, nothing special under the flagstone. Just spread the rock on top of the ground to bring it up to the grade of the pool decking and then I moved some of the rock and put down the flagstone leveling it with additional rock underneath if needed. Pretty quick and painless. You could dig the area out, fill with sand and sreed the area flat and then put in the flagstone, but for this area it is easy enough to level back out if it would ever need it.
    I want to make the gap about 1" so the legs of the lounge chairs don't end up between stones.

13. Back To Top    #13

Very Very nice Brittmer... I love the bar/fireplace setup....

Please post some up close shots of the fabric you put on the top of your pergola if possible... I may do the same to mine.

If you can't post em, you could always email them to me if its not a big deal.

Also, your white handrails are they PVC coated or painted stainless?
    62,800 Litre IG Vinyl
    Sand Filter
    1HP Super Pump
    Clearwater/Zodiac LM2-24S SWG
    Aquabot Turbo Robot Cleaner
    250K NG Heater

14. Back To Top    #14
    Not a stain on the deck!
    (That won't last long. Keep that pic)
    Debbie

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Caustik
    Very Very nice Brittmer... I love the bar/fireplace setup....

Please post some up close shots of the fabric you put on the top of your pergola if possible... I may do the same to mine.

If you can't post em, you could always email them to me if its not a big deal.

Also, your white handrails are they PVC coated or painted stainless?
    The handrails are powder coated and I like them a lot. I thought that they may chip or wear badly but after 4 years they still look brand new!

16. Back To Top    #16

Here is a picture of the screen from below.