Aqua Pro 800 Heat Pump Error OtA

myriam

Jul 13, 2013
We've had an Aqua Pro heat pump for a few weeks with no issues until yesterday. It's now displaying error OtA which is not in the manual. The heat pump won't start up. All of the buttons still work (temp adjustment etc). Of course we discovered this an hour after they closed on Friday and can't contact them until Monday. What does OtA mean?

We had a brand new AquaPro that worked for only a very short period of time and then started kicking off with a high pressure code. We would cut the power to reset it and after an hour of operation, the same code would shut it down. They thought it had to do with the flow sensor, but the low pressure flow part of the sensor worked exactly as it should. The service tech could not fix it. In the end, after LOTS of hounding, the factory sent us a brand new one and that one has been working perfectly. The warranty work is really slow, but they did completely stand behind it. Would suggest you file a claim (assuming it is still under warranty).
Good luck!

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do. I called them, talked to Wendy, and she immediately knew that we needed a new sensor. Instead of waiting for the service guy to come out, you might want to get the part shipped. It took them 5 days to get it to Canada. The part comes from a different company; Wendy asked them to expedite it, but they didn't so it was shipped by ground. We had it shipped directly to us and my husband replaced the part so that we wouldn't have to wait for a service technician. He said it was not a simple swap.

Our unit was 3 weeks old when we had this problem. I was pretty annoyed that we needed a new part within such a short period of time and even more annoyed that the code wasn't in the manual. Other than that, it works well to heat our pool. Any more issues this season and it goes back though.

Thank you for that update. Its much the same story here. Unit is 3 weeks old, been working fine and then earlier this week it simply stopped. I'm going to contact wendy tomorrow (ive talked with her as well) and ask for that sensor to be shipped.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.