2speed pump?

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I have one.....funny thing is I can't hear the difference between the 2 speeds. I guess the only way to tell is up is high n push switch down for low.

What's better....run on high for 6 hrs or on low for 12 hrs.?

You can tell the difference by the pressure reading on your filter gauge or put your hand in front of the return.

I run mine on low for six hours and water is crystal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

+1 for running at low speed. Filtration is likely to be better. You can run it on low and you may be able to run it for less time than you think. Follow the suggestions in this article: Determine Pump Run Time

When it comes time to replace my single-speed pump motor (which I may do before it wears out), about the only time I would run it on high speed is immediately after adding chemicals and when I am vacuuming with the Polaris.

The only strange thing from your post is that I would expect to hear a noticeable reduction in noise when running at low speed vs. high speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.