Howdy: New member, new to pool ownership.

Here's our pool!

Okay...that's where it's going to go. Gotta get the grass removed and ground leveled first. The orange circle includes the 4' buffer so it's 24' in diameter.

It's our first official pool. We bought the Intex 10' but at 28" or so of water we determined we'd out grow it very quickly so returned it and got the 16'x48" round AG. We'd prefer an AG rectangular one but for our price point and yard consumption the versions Intex had didn't work (9' is waaaay too narrow!).

I figure if we enjoy pool ownership we can go bigger in a couple years. I don't want to dive into the deep end right away :drown:

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 57
Welcome to TFP !!

Spend some time in pool school. One of the best purchases you can make is one of our reccommended test kits. The TF100 is the one I use. You won't regret it. !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Well, after getting quotes for leveling the ground and me not being too thrilled with buying additional 'pool stuff' plus the maintenance involved, my wife decided to return the pool and get the kids a trampoline. Given the short window of summer opportunity (without a heater) a pool -- IN MY OPINION -- just isn't worth it up here. My little dolphin, er daughter, was a little disappointed and I'll admit I enjoy the water (but in ocean & scuba/snorkel form) but it's not that big of a 'gotta have' for us.

I appreciate the input and help from folks, maybe another time :wave: I certainly like this forum more than the other one, where they are a little too heavy on the moderation! I installed, admin'd & mod'd a forum on my web server so I know the drill :blah: Thanks again, y'all are :goodjob: :cheers:

Air_Cooled_Nut said:
...I appreciate the input and help from folks, maybe another time :wave: I certainly like this forum more than the other one, where they are a little too heavy on the moderation! I installed, admin'd & mod'd a forum on my web server so I know the drill :blah: Thanks again, y'all are :goodjob: :cheers:

Hmmpff! Don't EVEN get me started on the nut case that runs that place.

Sounds like you made a good choice for now. Pool ownership takes a commitment. I don't know if this might help you, but here is how my decision making process went:

I purposefully started with a 12' (~1200 gallons) popup ring pool that I could put in the yard without any leveling that I got on clearance to decide if pool ownership was for me. I put it right on top of the grass and it was ~2" out of level, which worked fine (for me) with that pool type. I knew about the tfp methods long before setting up the pool, and I invested in a test kit (cost more than my pool package did) and eventually a intex swg. I did that pool for a season, and found that I enjoyed the whole experience including the pool chemistry, so I started thinking about my next step. I decided to go the used route on a permanent agp. I found one on CL that the the guy "just wanted out of the yard"...I got it for free, so the price was right. In the end, I spent ~$1K to get it up and running (by diying it all) the first season. By the way, I ended up placing it in a different location from where I had placed the pop-up pool.