Need to get CL up...how?

Jul 24, 2012
CL 0 BR 0 PH 7.6 FC .5 CC .5 TA 110 CYA 30 CH 270

Not sure how much it rained lately since we were on vacation. But I do know it rained. I need to get the CL up. Can I use the hth shock n swim to get it back up? And if I do, how much of the 16 oz and how soon can we swim?

fireman0136 said:
CL 0 BR 0 PH 7.6 FC .5 CC .5 TA 110 CYA 30 CH 270

Not sure how much it rained lately since we were on vacation. But I do know it rained. I need to get the CL up. Can I use the hth shock n swim to get it back up? And if I do, how much of the 16 oz and how soon can we swim?
You could use it, bearing in mind that that 16 oz package of 53% Cal-hypo will raise FC by 19 and CH by 13, and you're already near the upper edge of CH and you don't want that SWG element to start scaling.

If you plug your numbers into http://www.poolcalculator.com/ you'll see that about 1/4 of the bag will raise FC to just about 5 FC, which is a good number for 30 CYA. You really should learn to use http://www.poolcalculator.com/ ; having someone else tell you what to put in your pool is, frankly, how you end up pool-stored.

You can swim as soon as the stuff is mixed with the pool water. Dissolve it in a bucket, then pour it in front of a return and let it circulate. A better idea is to give one of the kids the brush and tell them to brush the walls, and when they make a full circle, they can get in.

As an aside, if you raise the CYA level, you probably won't lose so much FC to the sun, and the level will stay up better.

In your case, I would think a little dichlor, IF YOU KEEP TRACK OF HOW MUCH YOU ADD, wouldn't hurt. A CYA of 30 is low for a SWG, and if you get it a bit higher, like Richard said, your SWG will be able to keep up better. The effects of adding chemicals section of the pool calculator will tell you how much CYA dichlor will add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.