Why does cloudy stuff keeps coming back to my pool?

Jul 12, 2013
Why does cloudy stuff keeps coming back to my pool after few days?

I am getting frustrated fixing my pool, I even call for a professional service to fix it and even them is about to give up. There was algae in the pool, the service guy did the algae removal service and tried to run the pump 24 hours for few days. He even replace for a new cartridge filter. After 3 days, the pool cleared up with sparkling blue.

After 3 days

There are two suction point, the skimmer and the cleaner. He pulled out the hose from the vacuum cleaner out of the pool so the vacuum line cap closes and now its only sucking water from the skimmer. Then suddenly greeny and cloudy stuff starts coming out from the return jet. NOw my entire pool is back to cloudy again. It looks like the stuff that got filtered starts coming back to the pool, what did just happen? the cartridge filters are new. It seems like when he pulled the hose something happen and the stuff that was in the filter housing got a way back to the pool. My service guy couldnt even figure out.

Also
When you removed the cartridge filters and kinda easy and loose. I do not know if it should be like that or if it should snug tight or something is missing. The service guy did the cartridge replacement and didnt say anything about it as loose. Coz it could be that the stuff that needs to be filtered are going through that part where the bottom of the filter is sitting loose on the manifold, especially if there is a lot of pressure.

Also notice that the pressure gauge always shows above 20psi, there's even a time when it got reach to 30psi but it never went down 20psi.

My filter housing is Hayward C4000H with filter CX870XRE
Pool 15 gallons

Re: Why does filtered dead algae keeps coming back to my poo

Sounds like your pool isn't done filtering all the dead algae yet. Clean them on a 20to 25% filter pressure rise. How are you sure it's all dead yet and not reocurring? Welcome to TFP.

Also, i am no expert at all, but my cartridge is super tight on the cylindical thing it goes over. That does not mean yours should be, but mine is.

If it's green, he didn't kill it all. Also note, filters don't do well straining out live algae as well as they do dead algae.

Speculation: there was algae in the main drain that didn't get circulated because the vacuum was plugged in. As soon as the system was put back to normal, it got sucked in and spit out into the pool. Please fill out your signature so we know what style pool you have, and don't have to speculate so much.

woodyp said:
Sounds like your pool isn't done filtering all the dead algae yet. Clean them on a 20to 25% filter pressure rise. How are you sure it's all dead yet and not reocurring? Welcome to TFP.

The service guy thought we are done coz I saw my pool cleared like crystal blue before this thing happen.

Richard320 said:
If it's green, he didn't kill it all. Also note, filters don't do well straining out live algae as well as they do dead algae.

Speculation: there was algae in the main drain that didn't get circulated because the vacuum was plugged in. As soon as the system was put back to normal, it got sucked in and spit out into the pool. Please fill out your signature so we know what style pool you have, and don't have to speculate so much.

The pool did clear to crystal blue, really clear. When he pulled out the vacuum hose, it started to spit out greeny cloudy water. It doest look like pieces of algae, but it made my pool cloudy green again. Looks like dissolved green color from when the algae was still alive.

But even there was algae on the main drain that didnt get circulated, when he pulled out the vacuum hose, it get sucked in, the filter should do the job in filtering out back to the pull.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.