New Hayward pump and filter,Turbo Clean pop up question

Wildcat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Just had an Ecostar VS and 425 sq ft cartridge installed. I will be posting some observations and questions as I go thru my learning curve with the new system.

First, it is quiet. Very quiet. At 1700 rpm,will soon try it at 1000 rpm. Need to clean up the water after being down for 5 days and running it at higher rpms on a couple of different settings for a while.

Now a question. I have a Turbo Clean popup system. With the old Sta Rite the jets would pulse as they worked. Now the water just shoots in continuous stream. Had a new top to the Turbo Clean put on today. Was the old pump the cause of the pulse? Was it a good thing or did it mean the system had air in it or something else? Cannot see how a mew top would change anything.Anyone have a Turbo Clean?

Oh, and the pump as an auto sensing priming feature. I think I have seen some older posts with people having trouble with priming on this pump, maybe they figured it out recently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.