I think my pump has died

aretha1075

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2013
Jonesville, VA
I need to have a small hissy fit rant about this stupid pool! :rant:

The weather has been crappy since the install and all I have done is clean with no playing. Now that the weather is supposed to be sunny, warm, and no rain. The water temp was 80 today. I put on my bathing suit, got the vacuum ready to get the crud out from the last 2 storms, turned the pump on..... And all it does is just buzz. No water moving through! :grrrr:

Hubby is going to check it when he gets home but I think it has given up the fight! Any recommendations on what might help him fix it?

If all else fells, what should I replace it with? I am thinking of the Intex Salt Water system with pump and filter included.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Any advise is appreciated!

Thanks! I looked at those earlier. Are sand filters pretty easy to deal with? I have just mastered this cartridge filter. How to vacuum and that fun stuff.

Can we still swim this weekend without a pump running? I keep the chlorine above 5 at all times. I don't mind using the brush to stir the water either. That is what I did while filling until the water level got up to the pump level.

imo, sand filters are easier then cartridges to deal with. When a sand filter needs cleaning you just change the position of its valve and backwash the crude out of the filter. Takes a minute and you do not have to take anything apart.

Plus, the intex cartridge filters are junk, but their sand filters work just like any other sand filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.