Compupool CPSC48 cell install

Jan 16, 2013
Taxachusetts
Heya,

Anyone know if there is anything wrong with installing the SWG cell directly on 90 degree elbows (see attached picture)?

It will sure look better this way.

Just wondering if there is some straight-run pipe requirements before entering the cell.

Peace.

Attachments

• cpsc48cell.gif
    cpsc48cell.gif
    209.6 KB · Views: 130
My guess is that they want a straight section before it enters the cell to reduce the turbulence in the cell.

I've got mine installed with about a foot of straight vertical pipe leading to the cell, and honestly, it is still pretty turbulent.

Maybe there's another reason I'm not aware of.....

I wondered the same thing with my install. I read in the manual that there should be a straight run before the cell. Mine only comes up about 3" above the 90* elbow and I don't notice turbulence. Good luck with the install let us know how you make out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They are sending me another CPSC48, they are continuing to support the warranty on them, but no longer selling them as new once the stock out there is sold off.

It is still generating chlorine even though the water fault light is on.

Estimated 2 week backorder on the replacement.

August 2nd and still no replacement sent from CompuPool.

They said another week before they anticipate the backorder for my parts to fill.

Waaaaaaaaaaaayyy too long for replacements parts for a unit that showed up broken.
....and the place I bought it told me they have none as they are discontinued.

Yikes!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.