AquaPro 500 Heat Pump

Welcome to TFP.

The HP error is high freon pressure usually caused by low water flow through the unit.

What pool and equipment do you have?
What is your filter pressure now?
What is your clean filter pressure?
Are you sure you have good flow through the heater?

We have a Voyager Swim Pro Filter system.
Pressure is 14.
Return vent has strong water flow, which comes from the heater.
Not sure what you mean by CLEAN filter pressure. Just have one gauge that registers pressure.

Jan Coggins

It does come on but not long before HP code shuts it down.......then it does come back on automatically after a few minutes.

Going to go change the filter and will get back with you to see if that may help.

Jan C

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The reason I said that flow is strong is because you stated "Return vent has strong water flow, which comes from the heater". If it feels strong at all it's probably enough flow (then again, "feels strong" is subjective). Try what Bama said. Your flow comes from the filter directly into the heater correct? Just want to rule out that it is somehow bypassing the heater. And then directly from the heater to the return correct? You may have a sensor issue if what Bama says doesn't work, and if the water is indeed flowing through the heater.

Okay, took filter out, watched the heater and did the same thing. HP was already blinking when I changed it, waited a minute and pump came back on......on for a short time and went off, again, showing HP.

Another problem we are having is the gauge on the side. It has 3 lights, 1 for spa (which is green), 1 for run (which is red) and 1 for pool (not on). It will not move to the "pool" light....

Jan C

Yes, true......strong flow is relative. Trying to figure how to describe.......when I hold my hand in front of it, it moves pushes the skin on my hand. Does that make sense? The water comes from pool, into pool pump, into filter, into heater "in for cold pool water", out from heater "out for hot water from heater", into chlorine dispenser, into return vent in pool.

Bought it online, thinking it was from AquaPro but it actually was from EBay. I eventually figured out that they came from AquaPro, to Costco, to EBay. Never again!

Jan C

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.