Setup - Intex Ultraframe 14' x 48", 4600 gallons

Jul 6, 2013
Split from post535814.html#p535814. Please start your own thread when you have a question rather than hijack another poster's thread. :wink: Butterfly

Hello. I have the same pool and we are new pool owners as well. We are trying to level a spot in our Backyard as it sits on a major slope. The spot where the pool is going to be placed is off by 3 inches on one side and prefectly leveled on the other side. I guess my question is can I level the off side with sand or does it have to be dirt? Also, once leveled do i have to break the pool down after the summer or can I leave it up?
Thanks,

Re: Setup - Intex Ultraframe 14' x 48", 4600 gallons

I am leaving mine up :) after the torture of leveling and putting together.. I don't want to do it again :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dig the high side down to the level side all the way around.

I took a rebar pole and drove it into the center of the area I marked off for the pool. Then I took an 8 foot long board drilled a hole through it stuck the rebar through the hole.

Then I taped a 4ft level on top and started spinning it around .. Digging as I went. Takes a while but does the job. After that, installed the pavers where the legs would be and put foam down.

I am about 1" unlevel on the lowest point and that is mostly because I lost the endcaps to two of my posts lol

clambert...on a side note, are you certain your intex is 14' in diameter?...I didn't know they made a ultra in that diameter. If it is, your volume is likely more like 3850 gallons (you do not fill the pool up to 4'...assume 3.5' and intexs still come out a little smaller than the poolcalculator gives).

14 x 48 :) positive

Ours is filled to the seam (rains all the time) and I played with multiple calculations to see which one was the closest.

This was my box (still in shed)

null-25.jpg

What i did is put 14 and 3.5 in the pool calculator which gave me 4000 gallons. Then I looked at how much lower the 15' intex is (intex says 4440) from what the pool calculator gives...this ratio 4440/4600= 0.965 then I used this ratio and multiplied the 4000 gallons by it: 4000*0.965= 3860 gallons.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Well the calculator first told me 4600 lol I went by Intex's 90% and it wasn't right either.

When I started to shock and let it fall, I began tweaking every day to see what gave the more accurate (for me) and it was the 4000.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.