Lagoon conversion

Jun 8, 2013
I want to convert my pool to a lagoon look. I have a waterfall and a table in the pool. I was going to start with adding more rock across from the waterfall and to try to get rid of as much tile and coping as I can, replacing it with rock. Any ideas?

I thought about cutting the skimmer door and top of the frame off to raise up the waterline.

I also want to redo the tabletop in the pool with the same material as the new waterfall.

The current tile and coping was a last minute pick and not much thought went into it at the time.

1 pic shows the new waterfall
[attachment=1:14oex0rp]ss.jpg[/attachment:14oex0rp]

second pic shows the old one but more of the coping.
[attachment=0:14oex0rp]ss1.jpg[/attachment:14oex0rp]
I want to remove or cover up with rock, all the coping up to the curve to the right of the waterfall and all of the pavers bringing plants up closet to the edge.

I am not looking to redo the diamond bright just yet.

I guess I don't understand what you mean by raising the waterline. Confused about that one. Otherwise, I guess you can replace the coping with flat rock or flagstone, but you are looking at major expense. If you replace it with boulder, it will never look right IMO. And you don't like the finish color? That alone will be thousands and thousands to replace. But hey it's your pool and if you have the money to burn....go for the look you want. Personally, I would be thrilled with that pool.

I have seen pools that have a higher water line than in the middle of the tile. By raising it, it would hide the current tile and give it a more full look.

these look like the water line is higher.

[attachment=1:15rtdvn7]swimming-pool-night-lighting.360141536_std.jpg[/attachment:15rtdvn7]

I am kind of liking the rock step look although this is really committing to messing with the current finish.

[attachment=0:15rtdvn7]BlueLagoonPool1.jpg[/attachment:15rtdvn7]

OK, but I don't see how that can be done. Your water line is where it is. I'm no pool designer but I just don't see how that can be changed on an existing pool. If it changes in one place, it has to change everywhere. Then, your skimmers have to come up with it. Otherwise, they would be under water, and not function. Those other designs look like that because they bring the rock under the water line when they design and build them. A feature I am coming to desire a great deal as I look into different designs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.