Caretaker 99

Jul 11, 2013
Hello, I am new to pool ownership so forgive me if I don't acurately describe my situation.

OK so my caretaker in floor cleaning system is not functioning properly. Only 3 of about 16 pops even come up. I had a pool company come out and clean my DE filter, replace all the guts in the 5 valve plumbing thing, and Amican leak detection did a pressure test on all of the heads today, but my pop ups are still not coming up. HELP!!

Welcome to TFP!!!

You should have 5 or so zone each consisting of 3-4 pop-ups. If only the same 3 are always up, then something in the distributer dome is still not working correctly.

Are you getting good flow out of the 3 that are up?

Thank you for the welcome!!

I seem to be getting good flow, but I guess I don't know what good flow is. When those heads are up what should the gauge be reading? I contacted the pool company who came out and replaced everything in the dome and they said that they are going to come back out and located the check valve and eliminate it. He said that those valves 15 years ago were not as good as they are now? Is this correct? I'm not very happy with this pool company. They came out 2 weeks ago and replaced the parts in the dome, cleaned the filter, and also replaced my spa buttons which are inside of my spa. Well 5 days ago I found that something was leaking from the pool. When I dug a hole near the deck to plant some flowers, the hole filled with water. I called this company who previously did this work, they informed me to call American Leak Detection, so I did. American leak detection found that I was losing water through my spa buttons. They expoxyed them and now everything seems to be fine. The pool company is saying there is no way that was causing the standing water. What is your opinion? Do you think that the spa buttons did that?

Not sure what you mean by spa buttons...but if the leak detection folks said that, I'd be inclined to believe them. Sounds like this pool company sucks.

If your zones are not changing, they did not fix the dome valve. Changing a check valve will not fix it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.