Cloudiness

Jun 17, 2012
Howard City, MI
Why is my pool so cloudy and yucky looking?

I did notice it was looking a little yellowish on the bottom after I had left the cover off overnight......so I did a OCLT last night and it was fine. I am guessing it is just pollen and Crud from the trees.

My levels are currently:
FC=4
PH=7.7
TA=150
CYA=45

*I added the appropriate bleach this morning as necessary to bring fc up and also bring ph down a little.

Still, why would my water be so cloudy. I attached some pics that will hopefully show the cloudiness. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 20130711_160430(comp).jpg
    20130711_160430(comp).jpg
    18 KB · Views: 61
  • 20130711_160443(comp).jpg
    20130711_160443(comp).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 61
If you added bleach to get to your current levels, that implies that the FC was lower before you added the bleach. If the FC was too low for too long, then algae can grow. You now report a 4 ppm FC, but what was the FC before you added bleach and what was the FC the last time you added bleach (before this time) and when was that?

chem geek said:
If you added bleach to get to your current levels, that implies that the FC was lower before you added the bleach. If the FC was too low for too long, then algae can grow. You now report a 4 ppm FC, but what was the FC before you added bleach and what was the FC the last time you added bleach (before this time) and when was that?

Sorry I wasn't very specific and didn't post all the info necessary.

At end of day last night, my FC level was 4.5 (after very sunny warm day). This morning I checked it first thing and it was at 4. THEN, per the pool calculator, I added bleach to bring FC up to my target of 6.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.