Jul 11, 2013
Central New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

I recently purchased a home and am the proud owner of an in ground pool (Specs below, more details to come). The pool was built in the early 70's and a liner added in 97ish. Although I've never owned a pool myself I've been charged on many occasions to maintain my in-laws above ground, sand filtered pool and helped a very close friend maintain his parents in ground plaster, DE pool since our late teens. I love to research anything before I go tinkering with it (although that doesn't mean I still haven't made plenty of mistakes) and came across this forum many times in my searches. What a great source of info and figured it be even better interactively.

Pool seems to be in decent shape for its age, the owner was an elderly fellow who lost his wife in the last year so the pool was closed for an entire season. Its a nice swampy green right now with a wonderful pungent tang. And of course in my rush to clean it up I used some of algaecide left by the previous owner not thinking and then realizing it was copper based, luckily it wasn't even enough for a full dose. Oh well I better go check my Ph before the copper gets to it. Seeya around the forum.

Where are you located? It can effect what recommendations we make. You can add it to your profile.

In my area, water is cheap and clean while in other areas they need to truck in water that is challenging and expensive.

techguy said:
Where are you located? It can effect what recommendations we make. You can add it to your profile.

In my area, water is cheap and clean while in other areas they need to truck in water that is challenging and expensive.

Thanks I'll be sure to add my location.